Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mathematics with Technology



As a mathematician at Maine, Judy Chandler is urging teachers to incorporate technology into their classroom. Many teachers find the technology just creates more work and do not want to incorporate it in their classrooms. Judy Chandler found that the technology helps the students communicate with their teacher as well as increase critical thinking. She believes anyone can benefit and learn from technology.

Thinking mathematically is hard to do. How do teachers go about asking questions that challenge their students? The second podcast talked about how accomplish that task. If a student is challenged then they will be more prepared for life.

I agree that technology is a useful teaching tool. I also agree that students can be challenged in a good way. Through technology and classroom learning students can learn so much and can also teach the teacher things. Technology offers a wide variety of learning for the wide variety of learning types.

I came into this class blind and thought a lot of technology was a crock. I now realize that technology is very useful although it can be difficult at times. I will definitely use technology in my classroom and I will encourage my students to use iTunes for research and to help them learn.

No comments: